Shop Seasonally: Spring Edition

As I am writing this post, the sun is shining through my window and I can hear birds chirping in the background. Flowers are starting to pop up all across campus, and I think from the looks of it that spring has finally sprung! Spring is probably my favorite season (though fall is a close second!) not only for the beautiful weather, flowers, and sense of refreshment that it brings after a cold winter, but also for the great fresh fruits and veggies that are in season during the spring months! Though some of these fruits and vegetables are sold year round, they taste so much better when eaten during their peak harvesting time! I have seen so many great recipes showcasing seasonal spring produce and can't wait to share these with you all! Unfortunately I do not currently have a kitchen in my dorm to try my hand at some of these delicious recipes, but I am already looking forward to doing a seasonal summer post when I will be cooking and baking like crazy in my kitchen! 
1. Peas and Asparagus Pasta- The combination of peas and asparagus is a great fresh spring combo that can be used in so many recipes! Whether it's a green salad, a quinoa or rice salad, mixed with pasta, or simply sautéed together, these veggies complement each other well and make a quick and easy combination! This recipe from Martha Stewart adds avocado to the mix, and the flavor combination sounds great! I would probably opt for wheat pasta or try it with quinoa! 


2. Strawberry Rhubarb Galette- Strawberry rhubarb is such a classic spring/summer combo that is so tasty and can be made into such a variety of delicious desserts! There are so great many recipes for pies, oat bars, crisps, tarts, cookies, and more! I love to make galettes, as they have all the essentials of a great pie but not too much crust! These mini galettes from The Kitchen McCabe are so pretty and calling my name! 


3. Bright Spring Greens Salad- This recipe from Love and Lemons is a wonderful example of how great spring produce combinations can be! It has peas, radishes, asparagus, salad greens, mint, and other great ingredients! I just discovered the blog Love and Lemons, and boy I am in love! Everything looks so tasty and the photographs are beautiful.


4. Broiled Grapefruit with Honey and Bananas- I love all things citrus and grapefruit is probably my favorite of them all. It is always so fun picking fresh grapefruit off the trees whenever I go to Palm Springs, CA for spring break! I love having grapefruit for breakfast, tossing grapefruit slices in salads, and broiled grapefruit is something I need to try! This recipe from She Wears Many Hats looks so tasty! 


I hope everyone has a Happy Earth Day and enjoys these recipes! I'd love to hear if there are any spring seasonal combos or recipes you enjoy!

xo,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment