5 Things I'm Loving This Week

I'm so excited that I'll be headed home in two days to spend some time before heading off to California! Since I'm in the spirit of excitement, I thought I would share some things I am loving this week!

1. Rifle Paper Dogs Greeting Cards-
For the past few years I've been obsessed with anything and everything from Rifle Paper Co. Their art prints, greeting cards, journals, notebooks, and phone cases are just too cute! I've had two Rifle Paper phone cases (which are both darling and ultra protective) and purchased a few of their greeting cards, and I definitely have my eye on some of their notebooks and desk pads! Aren't these greeting cards just the cutest? I love giving and receiving cards in the mail, and Rifle Paper cards are the cards to send in my opinion!
Lyfe Kitchen is one of my favorite "real food" restaurants! They have delicious, reasonably-priced food that is locally and sustainably sourced as often as possible! They have locations in Illinois, California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and a few other states as of now, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came to more states in the next few years! Mary, Bailey, and I have visited a location downtown Chicago, and one in Evanston, IL, and both times we have all had wonderful experiences and amazing food. I love their fish tacos, salads, flatbreads, just to name a few items I have tried. BUT, my favorite thing of all on their menu is their Chocolate Budino made with pomegranate soaked chia seeds and toasted almonds! There is a location about an hour from Palm Springs (where Mary and I will be headed for spring break) so we are hoping to go!! 

Chocolate Budino. YOU MUST TRY.
3. Lily and Val Chalk Art Prints-
I am a sucker for chalkboard designs, and when I stumbled upon the Etsy shop of Lily and Val, I fell in love with the beautiful art prints! There are so many great quote and Bible verse prints, and I ordered one for my dorm room during the summer! The prints are so cool as they really do look like they are written on a chalkboard! Since the time I ordered mine, there are so many other cool prints and I hope to order more in the future! 

image via Lily and Val Etsy Shop

4. Raw Samoa-Inspired Cookies-
Lately I've been finding some great recipes on different sites and unfortunately without a kitchen have been unable to make many things! Though I just found out this week that I'll be having a room with a kitchen next year (woop woop!) I still miss cooking and baking this year when at school! One of the recipes I recently found is for Raw Samoa Cookies (or Bars) from Cookingalamel.com! They are inspired from Samoas Girl Scout cookies but made with healthy, wholesome ingredients such as a "shortbread" base out of walnuts and unsweetened coconut and a "caramel" drizzle with dates and coconut milk! The cookies look beautiful and I can't wait to bake them! 

      image via. cookingalamel.com
5. Kitten Therapy- 
Cuteness overload. I saw this video a few months back and recently came across it again! Every time I watch it I can't help but smile and wish I could be in a room surrounded by cuddly kittens! It is hard being away from my pets at home, sometimes it's just great to have a furry friend to curl up on your lap or cheer you up if you've had a bad day. Pets are definitely proven to improve one's stress levels and even perhaps one's lifespan! 


Hope you're all having a great week!
xo,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment