Easter DIY Ideas

I hope everyone had a Happy Monday! I can't believe Easter is quickly approaching! Time seems to fly by so fast here at school with all the busyness of classes, studying, and school activities! I'm so excited to be going home for Easter and can't wait to spend a few nice days with friends and family at home! Ten days until I'll be flying home, I'm counting down!

Easter is one of my favorite holidays and such a happy and joyful time spent going to church and having brunch at my grandparent's! I can't wait to see some of my cousins and aunts I haven't seen in a while, and hopefully the weather will be nice for my family's annual Easter egg hunt! (no, I am not too old!)

Mary and I make an Easter dessert every year, and this year want to make something extra special since we miss cooking and baking! Usually we make a "Bunny Cake" baked in a bunny shaped cake pan and covered in shredded coconut, but last year we decided to make Hummingbird cupcakes in addition, which are great for spring with pineapple, bananas, and pecans (recipe linked here)! We made fun pineapple "flowers" for the top by baking thin pineapple slices in cupcake pans!

Our Hummingbird Cupcakes! 

After scoping out Pinterest and some of our favorite food blogs, here are some adorable Easter dessert and DIY ideas we found! I can't wait to make something fun and festive and share it here on the blog!

1. Speckled Egg Cake by The Cake Blog-
This cake is beautiful and the colors are gorgeous! Looks like a piece of art!



2. Easter Basket Cake by The Cake Blog-
This cake is just as cute as the last one! The Cake Blog is such a fun website. I love the color combinations of the pastels and shades of brown! 


3. Pantone Easter Eggs from How About Orange Blog-
The designer in me loves these DIY Pantone Easter Eggs! The letters were printed on temporary tattoo paper and transferred to the eggs and they were dip dyed in traditional Easter Egg dye! So creative. 


These marbled eggs are so cool and don't look too hard to make! They are made using metallic gold leaf and a glue-like liquid for applying the leaf to the eggs! 


I hope you enjoy these fun ideas and are as excited for Easter as I am!

xo,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment