Spring Break!

Last week I had the best time soaking up every moment of my spring break and spending time with friends and family!  It was so nice to be able to stop home before heading to California to see my brother in his high school play. He was Bert (the chimney sweep) in Mary Poppins and did such a spectacular job! He sang, danced (including tap!), had a pretty spot-on British accent, he does it all! Mary, Bailey, and I went to see the play with two of the girls we babysit for and we all had such a great time together. It was a quick trip home but so nice to see my family and some of my friends.

The next day Mary and I headed off to Palm Springs with our grandparents! While the weather wasn't as warm as usual the first two days, the rest of the week was gorgeous and in the 80's! The combination of the bright colored flowers, palm trees, mountains, and the bright sun was unreal and the perfect remedy for the winter blues we have been experiencing!

Downtown Palm Springs
During our trip, we did lots of shopping (as usual) and were able to check out some of our typical favorites (TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, a large outlet mall) and also some smaller, more unique shops! Between Mary and I, we were really able to find some great items and some excellent deals! I was beyond excited to find an adorable, fun pair of Kate Spade for Keds sneakers for $40 from the Rack and also a pair of navy Sperry's for $40! It was nice seeing stores filled with bright, summery colors and shorts instead of dark colors and sweaters!

Deals from the desert! Sweater from Loft Outlet ($17!), Shorts from TJ Maxx! 
Since our grandparents stay in a house on the golf course, Mary and I were able to drive a golf cart around the neighborhood and had lots of fun driving alongside the mountains! I was also able to go to the driving range a few times with my grandpa, and I am slowly becoming a better golfer!

View from our backyard! 
Mary and I had such a great time soaking up the warm weather and enjoying some great company, delicious food, and excellent shopping! I am already looking forward to the next visit to Palm Springs! It is a must visit place, so beautiful and lots to see and do!


Had to get a picture of Mary with the flowers!


                                               Can't wait for some fun posts in the next few weeks!
                                                                                   xoxo,
                                                                                 Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment